Ir al contenido principal

Country that I would like to visit - Mexico

Mexico! 馃挄 

I have some good reasons. First of all, his crazy everyday life in the City of Mexico; with 8.855 million inhabitants, its the most crowded city in Latin America. His cultural attractions like the Nacional Museum of Anthropology, the Autonomous Nacional University, the Diego Rivera Museum or his Historical Downtown makes this city an attraction by his own right. 

Second reason, his pyramids and desertic landscapes. Mexico was once the heart of the biggest pre-Columbian empire: the Aztecs, and before them, the Mayas.  In their ruling, both civilizations rise enormous ceremonial pyramids, commonly visited by tourist all the seasons of the year. It also has in the North a vast desert that has inspired the imagination of famous writers like Octavio Paz or Roberto Bola帽o. 

Finally, in Mexico I will be able to wander the mystics of cultural mixing, learning new dialects of Spanish language. If I’m lucky, I will confirm my Latin American identity seeing that, if may everything seems new, it’s in any kind, familiar. 





Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Postgraduate Studies - Some Msc and Mphil.

Hi again! This time I will write a bit about my postgraduate interest. 1. Reasons to do the course Long ago I decided to stay on the subject of Urban Studies in Sociology. Later I realized that it was not a good option to seek a specialization matter, but to let it flow across our experience. Now I find myself between two broad areas that meet my interests: Latin American Studies and Cultural Studies; Cities are also an option . The main reasons them, are not only my intellectual interest but also the professional needs.   2. Where you would like to study Dreaming its possible, so there are two excellent and fast programs in the UK. The first one in London’s Economic and Political Science School [ http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calendar/programmeRegulations/taughtMasters/2019/MScCultureAndSociety.htm ] ] and the other one in Cambridge University [ http://www.latin-american.cam.ac.uk/mphil ]. Msc in Culture and Society and a Mphil in Latin American subjects. In Chile and other pla...

The best holiday i have had 馃挰.

In perspective, part of this year's holidays where definitively the better ones of my life. They took place in the famous "Litoral Central", what is, basically, the closest beaches to Santiago, Chile's Capital City. Between other journeys, i stayed there four days and four nights in a tent on a small house’s backyard in Las Cruces. Crosses Town [?]. In those streets i had time to look around for three things.       Landscape . The sea, when you walk through the sand, it’s always there. Cartagena and Las Cruces are pretty close, and you can get to another point, just by walking thirty minutes. These two old towns are part of one in many bays in the Litoral Central. Its usual to see Albatross, Pelicans and Numenius. By night the rusty city of Cartagena lights the dark sea with his houses over the hills.     Society and activity.  February, the road that connects the different towns of the location are just collapsed, the tourists are making ...

My future job - Working as a Sociologist

In the immediate future, or middle-range time, I will be working as social scientist, basically, researching social order phenomena.  This job is technical in his most, but I would also like to expand and use my knowledge not just in mechanic operations of data analysis and visualization or writing reports, but also taking part in decision making processes. Where I could find a job? There are various opportunities and demands of social researchers so as in policy design as in private enterprise analytics. It’s also a possibility the option of working as teacher in several institutes, universities or even high-schools. I’ve always had an interest in teaching, so it’s an interesting open opportunity. The fact it’s that social research cannot be done just from the comfortable and warm space of a fancy office, as others do, so I expect to travel a lot. In every moment I have considered the possibility of getting into fieldwork to supervise survey applications, making pictures of an...