Ir al contenido principal

The best holiday i have had 馃挰.




In perspective, part of this year's holidays where definitively the better ones of my life. They took place in the famous "Litoral Central", what is, basically, the closest beaches to Santiago, Chile's Capital City. Between other journeys, i stayed there four days and four nights in a tent on a small house’s backyard in Las Cruces. Crosses Town [?]. In those streets i had time to look around for three things.    

 

Landscape. The sea, when you walk through the sand, it’s always there. Cartagena and Las Cruces are pretty close, and you can get to another point, just by walking thirty minutes. These two old towns are part of one in many bays in the Litoral Central. Its usual to see Albatross, Pelicans and Numenius. By night the rusty city of Cartagena lights the dark sea with his houses over the hills.  

 

Society and activity. February, the road that connects the different towns of the location are just collapsed, the tourists are making feel their presence, once more in the beginning of the year. In Las Cruces I found a diverse gastronomic offer, little family business where my favorite ones, it was perfect for my budget and the food was excellent. I found some great attractions, like a book encounter, an amusement park, and of course, the hot sun and the beach.  

 

Just luck. Parra's House. Everything gone wild with just one situation. I was conscious that Nicanor Parra, a famous Chilean poet, lived and was buried in his house in Las Cruces. This house was a big one, with a great view to the bay. My first day I just stared at his facade but in the legal warning of keep away from entry I said “it’s okey, another day”. My last day, really, on my last walk by the place, i decided just at last minute to see for last time Parra’s House. Big surprise! An old couple accompanied of a young adult where coming. I just stayed there as they were finishing a sort of tour by Parra’s house. As they leave, the young man stared me back and said “Do u want to come in?”.  And I was there! In his house backyard, and in front of his grave. Looking across the windows trying to see a ghost or a book that he once graved. Ten minutes that made those days the better ones in a good while.  


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Postgraduate Studies - Some Msc and Mphil.

Hi again! This time I will write a bit about my postgraduate interest. 1. Reasons to do the course Long ago I decided to stay on the subject of Urban Studies in Sociology. Later I realized that it was not a good option to seek a specialization matter, but to let it flow across our experience. Now I find myself between two broad areas that meet my interests: Latin American Studies and Cultural Studies; Cities are also an option . The main reasons them, are not only my intellectual interest but also the professional needs.   2. Where you would like to study Dreaming its possible, so there are two excellent and fast programs in the UK. The first one in London’s Economic and Political Science School [ http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calendar/programmeRegulations/taughtMasters/2019/MScCultureAndSociety.htm ] ] and the other one in Cambridge University [ http://www.latin-american.cam.ac.uk/mphil ]. Msc in Culture and Society and a Mphil in Latin American subjects. In Chile and other pla...

My future job - Working as a Sociologist

In the immediate future, or middle-range time, I will be working as social scientist, basically, researching social order phenomena.  This job is technical in his most, but I would also like to expand and use my knowledge not just in mechanic operations of data analysis and visualization or writing reports, but also taking part in decision making processes. Where I could find a job? There are various opportunities and demands of social researchers so as in policy design as in private enterprise analytics. It’s also a possibility the option of working as teacher in several institutes, universities or even high-schools. I’ve always had an interest in teaching, so it’s an interesting open opportunity. The fact it’s that social research cannot be done just from the comfortable and warm space of a fancy office, as others do, so I expect to travel a lot. In every moment I have considered the possibility of getting into fieldwork to supervise survey applications, making pictures of an...